Friday, March 5, 2010

Wow! What a week!

Hey everyone what´s going on? First of all, yes we did here about Chile here. I didn´t feel anything here in Santa Rosa but it´s what everyone has been talking about lately obviously and we´ve been hearing bits and pieces but I still hadn´t heard that much until you forwarded me that email from Christian. That´s insane! There´s a family in our ward that has a son in the Chile Concepcion Sur mission. We had lunch with them yesterday but they still hadn´t really heard anything from him. We´ve heard that all the missionaries are ok. There are some missionaries from Chile in the zone and they all got to call home to make sure their families are ok and thankfully they are. I went with Elder Veliz, who´s become one of my really good friends here in the mission, and it was really intense. That has to be a really scary feeling to not know what´s going on with your family when something like that happens. But how great is the knowledge that we have of the gospel. That we know that life doesn´t end here, that we can live with our families forever and for eternity. Definitely something that I´m really grateful for and always will be. Also I didn´t know about that Chelsea King girl, that´s really sad though. I never knew her but that´s gotta be really hard for her family. Does anyone know if missionaries have talked to her parents/family? One thing I´ve started really gained a testimony of is of the Atonement of Christ. It´s such a profound subject to study and to try to fully understand. It really is amazing when you stop and try to wrap your head around it. Go read Alma 7. It´s an awesome chapter and verses 11-13 are some of my favorites in all of scripture.
Not a whole lot has been going on here in Santa Rosa. Elder Hopper goes home on Sun and on Fri I´ll know what´s going on with me. I´m guessing that I´m staying here for another transfer cause it´d be crazy if they took us both out of the area at the same time. President Detlefsen also recently set a mission goal of 30 contacts a day, which is quite a bit. It´s one of the numbers they´re starting to take in the mission which is really gonna help us a lot cause the more we´re trying to talk with everyone, the more investigators will get and the more success we´ll have. Yesterday we basically just did contacts all day and I realized it´s something that I could definitely improve on. Other than that there´s not a whole lot new going on. We´ve been teaching a bit more but haven´t really found anyone that will progress so that´s been a bit of a struggle. The mission is great though. I went on divisions with one of the zone leaders on mon and had a blast. I was with Elder Van Wagenen who´s a stud. He´s one of the most loving people I have ever met and is an awesome example for me. I really learned a lot from him and was really glad that I had that time with him. That´s about it from here in Argentina. I love you all and hope all is going well.
Elder Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment