Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pure Joy

Hola familia cómo están? So I´ve finished my first week working with Elder Dominguez and needless to say it´s been fairly crazy. Half of the week we´re in Barrio 2, which is the Barrio that Dominguez works in normally, and the other half of the week in Barrio 5 which is my barrio. It´s been pretty crazy running back and fourth between the two wards, trying to find investigators and being able to schedule everything without double booking people and things like that. It´s been a test trying to manage everything but it´s been awesome at the same time. Working with Elder Dominguez is awesome. His testimony is super strong and he´s just a really fun guy to be with. We get along really well together and hopefully one day we´ll be comps for real cause that would be way legit. We´re hoping that our nuevos come next week, but we´re still not exactly sure. We just have to sit and wait until the office calls us and tells us. Then we have to travel up to Bahía to pick them up and have interviews with the President and all that fun stuff.
Yesterday though was awesome. In the morning we found this really nice lady named Beatrice while we were knocking doors. She let us in, but didn´t have a lot of time. I´m not used to having to teach really quickly and it felt kinda weird. Like we had to teach kinda rushed. It was a really good experience though and got me thinking as to what exactly are the most important parts of the Restoration. And then later that night we had a really powerful lesson with a less active family. Seriously the spirit was so strong there it was really quite impressive. I really think/hope that they start becoming active again because the family is just great. I think they´ll come back, it´s just a matter of when not if. When we left that appointment Elder Dominguez and I were really excited. Seriously it just felt like pure joy, almost as powerful as a baptism. There really is no feeling quite like it. It was a reaffirmation more than anything for me of why I came out on the mission. It was exactly the push, spark, wake up call, whatever you wanna call it that I needed/was looking for. Walking out of that lesson we just started talking to everyone we saw asking them if they wanted to listen. Oh man it was definitely a unique experience that I don´t think I´ll ever forget. We´re going back to my area tomorrow and we have a few appointments set up with some contacts we did. We´ll have to see how it goes. I think we may have found some really good people. Our goal before the nuevos come is to just find, find, find. We wanna find investigators so that we have a solid base of people to teach when the new Elders get here. Thanks for all your support. I love you guys and hope everything is going well!!!
Elder Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment