Thursday, March 11, 2010

Training!!

Hey family how is everyone? Ok well just go with the big news right off the bat......I´m training!! How crazy is that? I´m not gonna lie I couldn´t believe it either when they told me. We got the call about transfers on fri and Elder Hopper talked to them and afterwords told me I´m training. I´m not gonna lie I´m kinda nervous, things are starting to get crazy here in the mission. I didn´t think I was gonna have this much responsibility for a while if at all. It´s gonna be really fun though, I´m pretty excited. The only thing is that my "kid" is coming late. I think he is having visa problems like I did. He´s already starting to be like his Dad haha. Oh by the way when somebody trains their greenie is called their kid. For example I was Elder Hopper´s kid and he was my dad, and now I´m gonna have a kid here in the mission. But yeah he´s coming late so I´m with another Elder in Santa Rosa, Elder Dominguez from Paraguay, who is also going to train but has to wait as well. I´m gonna be with him 2 weeks or so and then we go to Bahía Blanca to pick up our hijos and come back. During these two weeks we´re going to be working in my ward, Barrio 5. And in the ward of Elder Dominguez, Barrio 2. It´s gonna be pretty crazy cause we´re gonna be traveling back and forth between our houses and trying to juggle 2 areas at once is always tough. If nothing else we´re gonna learn a ton about planning well and using our time effectively. Yesterday was really cool. It was my first day with Elder Dominguez and we were also with Elder Rios who´s in our zone and going to train as well. I felt really weird being in a threesome but it was really fun at the same time. Elder Rios is Argentine from Rosario and he´s normally out in a little town so he actually got to go to Bahía to pick up his nuevito cause if not he´d be in his area alone. It was a really good day though. We found this guy named Gerardo knocking doors and he actually let us in and teach. We taught him the first lesson and it went really well. He seemed like he was really interested and we left him a Book of Mormon and set up another appointment for later in the week. He´s a really great guy and I think he could do really well. Besides this not a whole lot happened. Elder Dominguez was feeling pretty sick all afternoon so that was kinda tough for him. It was a really good day though and I´m excited for the time I have to work with Elder Dominguez and see what I can learn. My spanish is gonna get better that´s for sure. Ok I gotta get going but I love you all and hope everything is going well. Good luck with everything!
Elder Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment