Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Getting Old...

Hey everbody, que pasa? Well I'm another week closer to getting into the field which is pretty crazy. Next week another District leaves which will make us the oldest. It's crazy cause I feel like I just got here and soon we're gonna be the ones everyone is looking up to (that's what they tell me at least). This week has been a whirlwind just like all the others. It's hard to remember everything that happens in a week, but I'm gonna try to answer Mom's questions from her last e-mail.

On Sundays we have a lot of time to study. We have Sacrament, Priesthood Meeting and District Meeting (which is basically Sunday School). Besides that it's study/personal time. It's definitely the most low key day of the week. As you all know Monday is our Preperation Day and we get to go to the Temple in the mornings. The Provo Temple is awesome, it's so simple yet so beautiful at the same time. I love having that opportunity now because I probably won't have it in Argentina. There's only one temple in Buenos Ares. Speaking of Temples, how awesome was it that there are going to be 5 new temples built!?!! Especially the one in Concepcion, it made me think of Eric Davis and Christian Harmer and how happy they and the saints there must be. What an amazing blessing that will be to all of them. Hopefully the saints in Bahia Blanca get one soon. I did 2 days of solamente espanol which was quite an interesting experience. It was tough, but it was a way good experience and I'll be doing even more of it this week. We're teaching in spanish too and it's amazing how much the Spirit helps us when we're teaching cause I know there is no way I'm doing this on my own.

General Conference was so awesome!!! I think I learned more from this one than any others in the past. It's crazy how when your a missionary it seems like everything applies to you even more. I have so many notes that I need to go back over, I especially loved Elder Holland's testimony of the Book of Mormon. What a powerful man and testimony that he has. I hope to be as strong in the gospel as he is one day. Well I can't think of anything else right now, but if I do I'll send a letter home. I hope you all are well, I'm still loving it out here. Everyday gets better and better and I can't wait to get out to Argentina. I love you all, until next week,
-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment