Thursday, July 15, 2010

Finally... An update!


Hey everyone how are things? Ok first things first, I didn´t get transfered but Elder Espinoza did. He took off to his last area where he´ll finish out his mission and now I´m with Elder Egbert. He´s got 6 months in the mission and has a lot of energy which is gonna help me a ton. He´s from Spanish Fork (the same place as my MTC comp Elder Banks) and this kid is a stud. He´s willing to work and has all the desires to do good and help the people. He´s always telling me how cool Mar Del is cause he came from a small town outside of Bahía which was his first area. We´re gonna have a lot of fun though and I think we´ll have a lot of success as well. Basically our goal is to keep this model of success that we´ve been having and we´ll just have to wait and see what we can do. The baptism of Antonella turned out to be somewhat of a disaster. I say that because there wasn´t hot water, it´s been freezing cold here lately and not a whole bunch of people were able to come. But the important part is that it happened and she feels good about it. Now we just need to baptize Angelica and Pedro and the whole family will be members of the church. We´re working on that and they´re finally about to get this paper and when that happens they´ll get baptized the next day. Adriana and Luis are doing good. We have an appointment with them tonight so that´ll be good. It´ll be the first lesson we´ve had with them since Espinoza left so that´ll be interesting because he´s been there from the beginning when they found them. I´m pretty happy that I´m staying here in Mar Del for one more transfer cause there are a lot of really good people here. There weren´t a whole lot of changes in the zone. Elder Stout the zone leader left along with a couple other guys but most of us stayed here. Oh I almost forgot, it´s wicked cold here. Seriously I´ve never felt cold like this in my entire life. The part that kills you is that it´s really freaking cold, and it´s humid so it doesn´t matter how many layers of clothing you put on, the wind still cuts right to your bones. Knocking doors has turned out to be interesting to say the least. I´ve decided that I´m not a huge fan of the winter here but there´s not a whole lot I can do about it.

Mom, I totally know what you mean about the sacrament too. Being on the mission has really changed my point of view on a lot of things related to the church and it´s interesting to see how I´m growing and gaining more knowledge all the time. The other day I was sitting in church and Espinoza was giving his testimony right before I left and I thought "wow, I understand everything he´s saying. I´ve actually learned a second language. This is crazy". Just random experiences like that happen every once and a while. Oh so you know I haven´t gotten the packages yet but they should be coming this week or next week. When I get them I´ll be sure to let you know.  Well I gotta get going but I love you guys and hope everything is going well.
Con amor
Elder Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment