Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Busy Week!!

Hey everyone how´s it going? Things are pretty good out here in Mar Del Plata. After my first week I´m starting to feel more and more comfortable in the area which is pretty nice. I still don´t always really know where we are but I at least know the people and am getting to know the members and investigators and different things like that. Elder Morrell is an awesome missionary. He´s not afraid to talk to anyone and he already speaks spanish really well. I really like the way we work together and we´re gonna have 2 baptisms this sunday of kids of less active families. These kids are awesome and super smart. It really blows me away sometimes but they´re way cool and I´ll try to send some pics of the baptisms next p day. The dad of one of the kids, Aliana, wants to get baptized. I think I already told you about him, his name is Carlos and he´s an awesome guy. He told us a little bit of his life beforehand and he has made a complete 180. Seriously it´s amazing to see the change the gospel can make in the lives of people. His wife was less active for a long time but she starting coming back to church and Carlos came this last week which was way cool. The only hiccup with that is that Carlos and Molena aren´t married. So that´s something we´re gonna have to take care of before he gets baptized but I don´t think it will be a problem. They want to do everything that´s right and keep the commandments. They even told us they were talking about marriage a while ago. So that´s Carlos, he´s awesome and we´re gonna put a baptismal date with him after they get married.
Another crazy thing happened to us this last week. I can´t remember if it was on Sunday or Monday but we were walking down the street and this little girl asked us if we were Jahova´s Wittnesses. I told her "no, we´re Mormons", and she said "oh my mom wants to talk to you. Follow me I´ll take you to my house". So we go and meet the mom and she´s an ex investigator from a long time ago. One or two of her kids got baptized when the missionaries taught them way back when, but she couldn´t cause she was already living with a guy and they weren´t married. Her marido wasn´t home at the time but we have an appointment later tonight so we´ll see how that situation turns out. Pray for us! Just crazy random things like that have been happening since I got here. Mar Del Plata is a pretty cool place. I´m really grateful for the chance I´ve been given to serve here cause it´s been an adventure so far. I gotta get going but I hope you are all doing well! I love you all, cuidense!!
Elder Gaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment